Monday, October 4, 2010

Double Double Toil and Trouble



Now that October, my favorite month of the year, is here I’m going to double my efforts to keep you up to date on all of the fun things there are to do in Salt Lake and Utah counties this Halloween season. I’m going to a lot of toil and trouble to check out all of these fun venues so that I can give you an insider’s view.

Anyone who knows me knows that I’m a big Halloween buff. Anyone who knows me also knows that I tend to cringe during fight scenes in movies and particularly brutal pile-ups during football games. So in other words, I’m not a blood and guts type of gal. I’m a harvest season enthusiast who loves carving pumpkins, donuts on a string, excuses to wear costumes, mysteries, and chills and thrills that tingle your spine but don’t keep you up at night. (The Others: yes. Texas Chainsaw Massacre: no. And check out the original Japanese movie Ringu—but have a pillow or a loved one with a high tolerance for pain nearby.)

In the month of October, I also recommend reading Bram Stoker’s Dracula, observing one really good rainstorm, listening to Night on Bald Mountain, and fixing yourself the first hot chocolate of the season while you unpack your sweaters. (To my friends in So. Cal. I amend that last sentence to read, “while you unpack your long-sleeved T-shirts.)

If hot chocolate is not your thing, I recommend a cup of Republic of Tea’s Cardamon Cinnamon tea. It smells exactly like autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment